We designed a new generation of high strength and lightweight bamboo-based materials for construction. Its low cost and fast forming manufacturing process was also developed. By applying eco-friendly chemical treatments and special mechanical processing onto bamboo, we will deliver a 'super bamboo' rivaling the strength and stiffness of metals/alloys at a lower cost.
The product is completely made from bamboo and has good fireproof and waterproof properties. With its remarkable mechanical and service properties, this environment-friendly product is a competitive alternative to wood and metal for construction. Our method provides a highly promising route to the design of high-performance, lightweight, sustainable structural materials, with extensive potential for a broad range of applications.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
- It is a 100% eco-friendly process, with no formaldehyde emission
- Excellent mechanical properties:
- Its stiffness is 5x greater than that of untreated bamboo
- Its specific strength (strength-weight ratio) can be 5x greater than that of low carbon steel
- Good dimension stability
- Excellent service properties, including excellent waterproof, fireproof and anti-moth properties
- This high strength and lightweight prototype can be use to replace conventional wood, plastic, and low carbon steel
- This prototype can be used as quality load-bearing structure parts, such as outdoor flooring and interior floor/wall
- This prototype can be used as interior and exterior decoration as well as high-quality furniture
- This prototype can be used in high-speed rails for lightweighting