This technology proposes a method for regulating the communication between multiple wireless sensors and an control unit. This technology enables a regular data exchange between the wireless sensors and the control unit. Therefore, it provides an efficient communication of on-board wireless sensors. This invention involves the generation of a time table algorithm that determines the data exchange times between a control unit and wireless sensors in a vehicle. As such, it improves the quality of the data exchanges.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
This method for generating a time table determining the data exchange times between a control unit and wireless sensors in a vehicle is developed. The system comprises said control unit; and said wireless sensors detecting the properties of components of the vehicle and/or surrounding parameters and suitable for carrying out data exchange with the control unit by establishing wireless connection with a wireless port provided in the control unit. This time table generation method works with a principle that wherein
- calculating the data exchange periods and/or the data exchange durations between each sensor and the control unit
- generating a time table having an adjustable table length according to the data exchange periods and/or data exchange durations
- splitting the time table into subunits according to the data exchange periods and/or data exchange durations;
- entering the times at which each sensor performs data exchange with the control unit into the table according to a predefined priority order.
This Technology is applicable to Automotive Industry on-board wireless sensor. Vehicles are equipped with sensors which detect the status of components and/or surrounding factors like the sensors detecting the internal pressure of a tire or the distance between some objects in the surrounding. Wireless communication is outweighing the use of wired applications in this area due to feasibility issues. Since the number of sensors is restricted in a control unit establishes communication at the same time, the timing of data exchange conducted between the control unit an dthe sensors should be regulated, preventing the data exchange quality between sensors and control unit drops.
There are several advantages in this invention:
- The system makes it possible to perform a regular data exchange between the wireless sensors and the control unit provided in the vehicle using a single time table.
- By updating the time table with actual information and leaving empty times in the subunit of the time table, a safe data exchange can be made.
- Even when a variation occurs in the data exchange durations and the periods between the sensor and the control unit, a safe data exchange can be made using this method.
- Overall high quality data exchange between wireless sensors and the control units ensures efficient network in a vehicle.