Physical inventory is a process where a business physically counts its entire inventory. This involves identifying and counting every item, and verifying their quantities.
A physical inventory is a common requirement of a periodic inventory system, and may also be required as part of a company's annual audit. This tedious and manpower intensive job which must be performed annually, but manual job can be replaced by an Autonomous Drone. It can do the counting remotely with an on-board camera. The Drone can also reach shelves at greater heights faster and safer than a crew on a lift truck can do. These advantages can improve productivities of warehouse crew by reducing the down-time of a company, and saves cost in recruiting manpower during an annual physical inventory.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
- Advance Image Processing
- Autonomous Indoor Navigation
- Integration with warehouse management system for analytics
Our proposed solution leverages on drone technology to replace both man and machine in the process of the stock count. A drone being able to move freely in 3-dimensional space while being equipped with sensor suite such as cameras, scanners, readers will easily be able to perform the same set of procedures that man and machine is required to perform. Furthermore, the drones are autonomous in executing the stock take without any human operator piloting it.
- Logistic Warehouse Physical Inventory Management- This replaces the tedious and manpower-intensive job of stock take during the annual exercise
- Large Aerial Surveillance with Image Recognition program
- Facility Management – Building Exterior Inspections
- Security Smart Drone that provides aerial perimeter surveillance and ad-hoc search & intrusion deterrence in a campus environment. Surveillance System using Drone
- Reduction in operating cost from the replacement of manual intensive labour with an aerial robotic system
- Increase in productivity due to less downtime of warehouses during stock taking
- An autonomous system can ideally operate after office hours without the need for human interventions