The technology described herein is related to the development of a concentrated solar power apparatus enabled by fresnel lens tunnel. The technology is able to convert solar energy captured by the fresnel lens tunnel into thermal energy to be stored in the form of heat using a thermal storage material. The heat stored in the thermal storage material can be used for a wide range of applications by coupling with a heat exchanger. The technology provider is seeking for partners to commercialise this technology.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
Key features of the technology include:
- Ability to store thermal energy for application which include electricity generation
- Ability to control precisely the output temperature of the heat transfer fluid which is coupled to the thermal storage material.
- Highly customisable based on specific applications
- The fresnel lenses can be easily fabricated by the appointed manufacturer
Potential application that are currently being explored include:
- Two Step Thermo-Chemical CO2/H2O Splitting
- High Temperature Electrolysis Using Solid Oxide Electrolysis Cells
- Direct Thermolysis & Separation using MHD and Quenching
- High efficiency conversion of solar energy to thermal energy