During normal operation of electric vehicles and energy storage systems, batteries tend to overheat which would result in a decrease in performance and lifetime or lead to safety issues. The technology described herein is related to a proprietary heat management system which consists of a material that can be poured into any battery pack and conduct heat 7X faster than the existing solution. This will improve the battery performance and eventually ensure better battery life in the long run.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
The heat management solution consists of the following specification:
- A proprietary dielectric material coupled with a cooling tube design to the battery pack
- Thermal management solution is compatible with most battery types
- Thermal management system leads to improvement in battery lifetime by 3x, with 16x fast charging and operate efficiently under all weather conditions
The thermal management system can be used in any battery packs to power commerial, industrial, agricultural, and recreational vehicles, and energy storage systems. The current applications are forklifts, racing go-karts, scooters, autonomous vehicles, electric buses, superbikes, utility vehicles, light electric aircrafts and energy storage systems. Given that the solution is modular and stackable, it is able to fit into a wide range of applications.
- Mitigate potential thermal runaway issue in lithium-ion batteries
- Better battery performance
- Improved battery life