This technology relates to a method of algae removal and selective water intake using a floating siphon linked with a water quality sensor. It allows selective water intake by the siphon piping connected to a floatation device. This is to maintain constant depth from the water surface while removing clustered algae near the body of embankment or dam. It also improves the capability to prevent flooding and other natural disasters.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
- Minimizes damage to infrastructure
- Inverted U-shaped curve to move water from a higher level to a lower level without damaging critical infrastructure
- Improved function
- Floating water intake device can be retrofitted to the existing facilities which using fixed siphons
- Improved function of water intake and emergency water discharge.
- Improved water quality by algae removal
- Safe and economical
- Applicable to emergency discharge and water intake facilities and can replace normal outlet conduits.
- Minimizes damage to the body of an embankment or dam.
- Safe and economical since it requires less civil works compared to other construction methods.
- The construction cost can be reduced by 35% compared to the outlet conduit installation. Moreover, the maintenance cost is at least 25% lower than existing facilities.
- Applicable to emergency discharge and water intake facilities that replace outlet conduits which is the existing water intake facility. While outlet conduit facilities can cause the collapse of decrepit reservoirs, this system is safe and economical.
- It can be used for flood control facilities and water quality management.
- The target sectors for application of this technology includes decrepit reservoirs, dam and so on.