This rehabilitation device provides safe and adaptive features for retraining of post-stroke patients to enhance their walking experience training on the treadmill in order to improve gait and endurance. As the safety and the position of the patient is being taken care of by this device, physiotherapist can now focus on the patient's gait and give better suggestions. Patients will also feel more confident with walking at quicker pace without fear of falling. This would help in the rehabilitation process as they grow more confident of their progress.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
This technology consists of multiple smart controllers (a 32-bit ARM microcontroller) with proprietary sensing for body position, feet position and exercise algorithms where are developed with inputs from clinicians. Safety and position of the patient is now automated and this frees up more manpower for hospitals, rehabilitation centres and elderly care centres.
This technology is applicable in the following industries:
- Help post-stroke patients recover locomotor and walking function.
- Help stroke patients or cardiac patients rebuild endurance
- Build up fitness of senior individuals who are not able to use normal exercise treadmills due to increased fall risk or very slow walking speeds.
- Tracking of feet position and also left and right body weight
• Superior level of safety against falls during treadmill walking due to exercise algorithm, safety harness and multi-access emergency stop buttons.
• Suitable for rehabilitation of both chronic and sub-acute post-stroke patients.
• System is easy to use without complex training.