This technology features an automatic water quality monitoring and controlling machine for aquaculture use. Aquaculture is the fastest growing animal based food-producing sector, particularly in developing countries. Nowadays, commercial aquaculture (pisciculture) is growing worldwide. Aquaculture farmers face several problems due to water quality management issue and dissolved oxygen saturation which affect the quality of the fish, resulting in size and weight reduction as well as death of the fish in extreme cases. For small-scale farmers, these could lead to the loss of capital investment, decrease in financial liquidity and inevitable debt.
After considering the existing problems, a product for the future of commercial aquaculture is produced. The technology is an automatic water quality controlling machine that helps commercial fish farmers to control the water quality with ease, enhancing the survival rate and quality of fish. This machine is being distributed across Phayao, Chiang Rai, and Chiang Mai.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
This machine can measure and analyse the water quality and level of oxygen saturation inside the pond. If the oxygen is reduced or polluted, the machine will automatically trigger the hydraulic turbine to hit the water to provide more oxygen. It can also measure temperature, pH, sunlight exposure, turbidity. If serious water problems are found, the machine will automatically alert the farmer to change water. The machine also has LED monitor and touch screen panel for ease of use.
The application areas are:
- The machine can be used in pond size of 320-400 m2 and helps to decrease the mortality rate of fish/aquatic animal up to 80%. It also helps to reduce the cost of electricity or energy up to 40%.
- The system analyse data such as pH value, solar intensity and oxygen level to identify water quality in order to predict the survival rate of fish and aquatic animals.
- Decrease mortality rate of fish/aquatic animal up to 80%
- Better fish quality (size, weight, colour)
- Farmers get more financial profits and time due to automation of the machine