This technology is a renewable power generation concept that harnesses waste kinetic energy from vehicles traffic to generate cost-effective clean electricity. There is a large amount of kinetic energy lost by vehicles during deceleration and braking daily. With this technology, the clean electricity generated can be used by buildings, carparks, streetlights or even to receive rebates by contributing to the electricity grid. It can also serve as a traffic monitoring system. The technology comprises of two components: Smart Hump and Power Maximizer.
An innovative technology which can replace conventional speed bump by harnessing the kinetic energy from vehicles traffic slowdown and converting it into green electricity to the end user, or to provide electricity to any facilities along the streets or buildings.
An innovative power generation system which uses three main natural forces (Gravity, Buoyancy and Centrifugal) to multiply the green power from the power source. The Power Maximizer comes in different capacities which varies from 50kW to 500kW with traffic density from 500 to 10,0000 vehicles per day.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
- The Smart Hump turns the massive waste of kinetic energy from the moving vehicles into green power.
- Unlike other sources of renewable energy, no specific weather conditions are required to operate. It relies on the traffic which is all ever ready and abundance in the cities.
- It is to be installed underground, utilising as little as one per cent of the space of a solar or wind farm.
- Fast installation duration of 4 to 5 hours with maintenance duration between 15-20 minutes.
- Designed to withstand wet and dusty environments and absorb heavy truck loads of up to 40 tonnes, with a maximum load of 10 tonnes on each axle.
- Equipped with remote monitoring system and a real time web-portal with an easy to use dashboard.
- The Power Maximizer is designed to complement the Smart Hump. It multiplies the energy converted from the Smart Hump.
- It can be used as a standalone system which can be installed easily to generates and multiply to produce green energy.
- Higher energy recovery rate.
- Steady output regardless of the input source.
The technology is applicable in many places as long as there are vehicles traffic in which vehicles will decelerate. In general, it can be installed in places such as private driveways, public parking lots, power buildings & factories, gantries, at the traffic lights and points of speed breakers along highways.
For Smart Hump, it can be installed anywhere that vehicles are likely to slow down such as entrance/exit of the or park or private building, in place of the speed hump on the road and at the traffic lights or toll gate gantries.
For Power Maximizer, it can be installed together with the Smart Hump or as a Standalone unit.
- Harvest green energy from vehicles traffic
- Special weather conditions such as Sun or Wind are not required for the technology to function
- Low initial investment and lower cost in installation and maintenance compared to other renewable power generation options
- Source of revenue for customers (e.g. facility and property owners) by renting out their speed hump to convert lost kinetic energy into profits