Arm Pelion IoT Platform is a flexible, secure, and efficient foundation spanning connectivity, device, and data management. It accelerates the time to value of IoT deployments by helping enterprise easily connect trusted IoT devices on global networks, invisibly administer them, and extract real-time data from them to drive competitive advantage.
The Pelion IoT Platform will enable companies to seamlessly and securely connect and manage IoT devices and data at any scale. It is designed to work on public and private clouds, on-premises and in hybrid environments, delivering ultimate flexibility in IoT system architectures. This will allow companies to quickly turn IoT and enterprise data into insights capable of unlocking new opportunities for them and their customers. The Pelion IoT Platform will also provide unified billing that lowers infrastructure costs, increases operational efficiency, and eliminates integration headaches.
Arm Mbed OS focuses on the development and creation of low-energy IoT devices and provides a foundation for connectivity and security, allowing developers to take advantage of a standards-based connectivity portfolio. Create, prototype and deploy IoT applications easily, with a shorter time-to-market.
Learn more about how Arm Pelion IoT Platform can simplify secure IoT development at https://www.arm.com/products/iot/pelion-iot-platform
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
Mbed OS is a free, open-source embedded operating system designed specifically for the "things" in the Internet of Things. It includes all the features you need to develop a connected product based on an Arm Cortex-M microcontroller, including security, connectivity, an RTOS, and drivers for sensors and I/O devices.
- Modular: Necessary libraries are included automatically on your device, allowing you to concentrate on writing application code.
- Secure: Multilayer security helps to protect your IoT solution, from isolated security domains through to Mbed TLS for secure communications.
- Connected: We give you a wide range of communications options with drivers for Bluetooth Low Energy, Thread, 6LoWPAN, Mobile IoT (LPWA), Ethernet and WiFi.
Arm Pelion IoT Platform is an end-to-end IoT platform that will provide the following capabilities so that IoT customers can obtain insights based on a combination of trusted data from connected devices and enterprise data.
- Connectivity Management: Connectivity Management allows easy, secure, and cost-effective connection of IoT devices on multiple network standards with a single global mobility contract.
- Device Management: Device Management enables secure and reliable onboarding, connection, updates, and lifecycle management of different types of connected devices deployed on premises or over cloud.
- Data Management: Data Management makes the trusted data from IoT devices and relevant enterprise data accessible for predictive insights that drive dynamic optimization and new revenue opportunities.
The end-to-end Pelion IoT Platform will provide the following capabilities so that IoT customers can obtain insights based on a combination of trusted data from connected devices and enterprise data. Its device-management capabilities for IoT device profiles that range from the very small and cost-sensitive devices to the more expensive and feature-rich. This ranges from devices like smart meters, which can pre-process data and make context-based decisions, up to edge gateways that can handle data analytics and control other devices.
Arm Pelion IoT Platform can support Connected Spaces, Smart Lighting, Energy & Utilities, Smart Fleet Management, Transportation & Logistics and even Asset Tracking.
Secure identity, connection and device management services for IoT. Optimized for trust and efficiency.
Arm Pelion IoT Platform is the industry’s first end-to-end connectivity, device and data management platform for hybrid environments. You do not need to recruit a team of experts in every aspect of security, network stacks or technology standards before you can see benefits. Simply take advantage of the industry's largest ecosystem, saving on months of development costs.With Pelion IoT Platform, you can manage a vast range of IoT devices efficiently and flexibly, establish trusted relationships and manage security, update devices in the field and equip your IT and DevOps teams with unparalleled productivity.
Arm provides a complete IoT platform, managing the complexity of an embedded software ecosystem and connectivity. This approach allows you to focus on adding value at the device and web application level.
Provision, connect, and manage your IoT device fleet from the Arm Pelion Platform.