The indoor location system is being developed employing various RF technologies, such as Wifi, BLE and iBeacon. Alternative technologies are, Ultrasonic, Laser and PDR (Pedestrian Dead Reckoning).
However, none can match the high accuracy and high-speed Real-Time Locating System (RTLS) using Ultra-WideBand (UWB) technology.
In order to complement the UWB RTLS’s limitations which are its indoor-use only and relatively shorter range, active RFID technology is adopted to expand location and range capability over an external area through a Hybrid Location System.
This Hybrid Location System enables seamless operations covering outdoor and indoor areas over multiple floors.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
Basically, this technology combines existing UWB RTLS and active RFID systems in a single platform.
Installation of UWB RTLS where location tracking requires precision and high speed, and installation of the active RFID system where an outdoor or wider area does not require a high degree of accuracy.
The user does not need to identify which system is being used after installation, ie providing a seamless operation.
Implementation of a wireless Mesh-Net configuration enhances robust networking.
- Seamless outdoor and indoor localization capability improves productivity at locations such as shipyards, manufacturing production lines, and warehouses.
- Combination of wide areas which do not need centimeter-level accuracy, and specific areas which require precise three dimensional (3D) location tracking.
- Areas which have frequently changing layout, as it allows ease of installation.
- Seamless Outdoor and Indoor localizer.
- Robust network connection
- Transparent system/user interface under cloud environment