We leverage on artificial intelligence (AI) to make commercial and industrial buildings consume energy in a greener, smarter and more efficient way. By taking automatic control of flexible equipment such as Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), Electric Vehicles charging stations, pumps, compressors, local energy production sources and batteries, our Software-as-a-Service minimizes the energy bill of our clients without impacting their comfort or business.
We temporarily shift heating/cooling loads and use batteries as energy buffers to (i) desynchronize the purchase of electricity from its consumption in a building, (ii) minimize energy costs without affecting occupants’ comfort, and (iii) maximize any self-consumption from onsite generation (e.g. rooftop Solar PV). The client can access the energy performance of the building in real-time thanks to a software interface and monthly reports, making sure that his building is getting more sustainable.
Our service comes in three phases:
1. Our clients can view, learn, improve and save up with our visualization tool powered by artificial intelligence and predictive analytics. We reduce their costs thanks to alerts on forecasted peak consumption and early-stage anomaly detection.
2. We optimize our clients’ consumption and reduce their electric bills up to 40% by taking automatic control of their flexible equipment.
3. We sell electricity at cheaper rates thanks to our advanced retailing solution.
Our business model operates by taking a share of the savings we help to generate; hence we are aligned with the interest of our clients.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
The technology combines a patented optimization technique, proprietary algorithms, cloud and edge computing, and predictive analytics to offer dynamic energy optimization services fully integrated to the Internet of Things (IoT). Artificial Intelligence algorithms are used to build thermic models of buildings to predict electricity prices, the consumption, and production patterns of our clients, and to accelerate the computation of our optimization engine.
Weather forecasts, electricity price signals, room occupancy, historical consumption data are used to decide on the optimal consumption strategy while always respecting our client’s constraints. Calculations are done in the cloud and the instructions are then sent to our box installed in the building. This box works as an interface between our software and any type of Building Management System (BMS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), and automation system. This allows us to take automatic control in real time of any flexible equipment in the building.
Advantages of our technology:
- Transparent, non-intrusive and automated
- Interface adaptable to every client, the software can plug in virtually any building thanks to connectivity libraries (such as Modbus, BACnet, Bluetooth-LE or OCPP)
- Minimal upfront cost
- Patented technological ability to deal in real-time with any complex electricity tariff structure
- Constant adjustment of the optimization strategy using artificial intelligence
- Combination of multiple services (real-time price arbitrage, peak-shaving, self-consumption, grid services) to extract 1/3 more value than competitors.
We target Commercial & Industrial buildings with energy-intensive processes and flexible loads. Our clients are leaders in the frozen food industry, logistics, energy production as well as universities and malls. Our plug-and-play solution makes it possible for us to take automatic control of HVAC systems, heaters, chillers, batteries and also electric vehicle charging stations, pumps or compressors.
Interesting electricity markets and tariff structures feature interesting profits and savings niches (high volatility in wholesale prices or high demand charges), often complemented by profitable grid services (e.g. demand response). Singapore is one of the most interesting countries for our solution among countries such as Australia, Japan, the USA.
The total addressable market is currently estimated at USD24 billion per year (S$32,7b/year) worldwide considering the achievable savings for the Food and Beverage manufacturers & suppliers and the logistics industry who have important cooling loads, heavy industries, hotels, airports or universities. It is expected to experience annual growth of 60% for the next 10 years according to GTM & Navigant Research.
Economic benefits for our clients:
- Up to 40% savings on the electricity bill
- Early stage detection of equipment anomalies for predictive maintenance
- Seamless service with no interruption of process and no impact on business or comfort
Positive Impact on the environment:
- Reduction of the carbon footprint of the building
- Maximization of the self-consumption from on-site generation (e.g. PV)
- Increased consumption of renewable energies from the grid thanks to price arbitrage: targeting the lowest prices of electricity that are generally reached with the sudden abundance of renewable energies on the market
- Increased reliability of the grid thanks to the load shifting of our clients’ consumption
- Relief of the stress caused by intermittent renewable energies on the grid thanks to price arbitrage
- Reduction of price spreads on the electricity markets thanks to a better allocation in-real time of the energy produced