The proposed technology relates to a suite of whole building performance simulation software and analysis tools including energy simulation, daylight simulation and lighting design, 3D modelling and BIM interoperability and compliance to regulations in specific jurisdictions.
The software suite allows the design and operation of comfortable buildings that consume significantly less energy. Whether working on a new build or renovation project, the software application allows designers to test different options, identify best passive solutions, compare low-carbon and renewable technologies, and draw conclusions on energy use, CO2 emissions, occupant comfort, and much more.
There are various tools in the suite whereby each of the tools is designed to provide sustainable analysis at levels suitable for different design team members and design stages. All applications utilise the technology owner’s proprietary Apache dynamic thermal simulation engine, and an integrated central data model, which has direct links to SketchUp, Revit® or Trelligence™, Vectorworks and gbXML, IFC & dxf imports.
The technology owner is seeking partners to collaborate through various modes including technology licensing, test bedding and co-create new branch of products.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
- Energy Modelling & Compliance: Integrated suite of applications for accurate, sub hourly, thermal simulation for buildings of any size and complexity.
- Building & HVAC Systems Design: Quick and easy loads calculations and equipment sizing from the earliest stages of design.
- Integrated Software: Interoperability with BIM platforms enabling two-way information exchange to speed up the design process and facilitate digital design.
- Global Compliance: LEED, BREEAM, Green Star, DGNB and GSAS. The list of green building rating systems is long and growing steadily across the globe. Plus, building regulations in many countries now incorporate an energy performance requirement. The software suite offers a wide range of approved guided tools and analysis capabilities which make achieving these popular systems easy and cost effective.
- Extensive Reporting: The software suite allows user to easily visualise and communicate results at a highly detailed level. The results analysis and reporting capabilities are about more than just aesthetics. They offer extensive, clear and diagrammatic technical information and visualisation, including model based visualisation.
- BIM integration - Interoperability with BIM platforms enabling two-way information exchange to speed up the design process and facilitate digital design.
- Energy modelling, daylight modelling, solar - Integrated suite of applications for accurate, sub hourly, thermal simulation for buildings of any size and complexity.
- Comfort - Carry out sophisticated performance assessments based on environmental metrics to improve internal occupant conditions.
- Global Regulations, Code Compliance, and Rating Systems - Complete 3D compliance solutions across the globe.
- Loads and HVAC - Quick and easy loads calculations and equipment sizing from the earliest stages of design.
The technology can be applied in:
- Model Building - Share, Import, Create BIM integration
- Solar - Direct & Diffuse Gains, Shading, Right to Light, Sun Path
- Operation - Model Calibration, Retrofit, Performance Optimisation, Measurement & Verification, Commissioning, Post Occupancy
- Light - Daylight, Artificial Lighting, Visual Comfort, Glare
- Airflow - Ventilation Rates, CO2 Levels, Thermal Comfort, Exterior Wind Effects
- HVAC - Typical, Innovative & Custom HVAC Systems, Plant & Controls, Building Integrated
- Loads Calculation & System Sizing - ASHRAE Heat Balance, CIBSE Loads, Accurate Calculations straight from 3D Geometry, Envelope, Internal Gains & Location
- EGRESS - Fire evacuation, Occupant Movement
- Regulations - UK & Ireland, IECC, Title 24, EPaCT, Canada NECB, France, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Rating Systems - BREEAM, LEED, WELL, Estidama, Green Star, GreenMark, GSAS, DGNB, LOTUS
- Climate - Current & Future, Bio-climatic Design, Passive Design, Water
Used by sustainable design experts around the globe, the software suite is a fast, accurate, sub-hourly, thermal simulation suite that can model new and existing buildings of any size and complexity. For architects, engineers and contractors, the platform allows cross-team collaboration from concept design to operation. Its power embeds energy and performance assessment across the entire building lifecycle. Integrate Performance Analysis into the heart of the design process.