Discover, Connect & Collaborate at TECHINNOVATION 2021
Multi-functional Fibers for Flexi-Wearable Fabrics
This technology offer presents a wearable fabric that allows seamless integration of multi-functional components into one flexible fiber with precise control over nanometer-level architecture and composition at fiber length, uniformity, and cost. Integrating such kind multi-functional fibers hold special promise for a variety of unique applications due to their peculiar geometry, aspect ratio mechanical properties, or wearable and flexible attributes. These new fibers and their multi-dimensional fabrics can be integrated with sensors and actuators, enabling the wearable fabric to have the ability to “see” objects, “hear” sound, sense stimuli, communicate, store and convert energy, modulate temperature, monitor health, and dissect brains.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
- All-in-fiber solution to achieve multiple functionalities in a single flexible fiber.
- Lego-like template to enable the integration of many components in a single flexible fiber with sophisticated architecture.
- Industry scale-up capability with kilometer length from one fabrication to achieve high production yield and low cost.
- Soft, deformable, and breathable for constructing multi-dimensional fabrics for flexible and wearable electronics.
- Washable, durable, and mechanically stable.
- Wearable electronics, such as health and weight management, exercise, and training management, thermal regulation and management, active cooling, etc.
- Large-area sensing and monitoring, such as environmental sensing including optical sensing, sound sensing, temperature sensing, pressure sensing, gas, and chemical sensing.
- Energy generation from heat, motion, and light.
- Military and defense applications.
- Access to state-of-the-art research outcomes.
- Engage collaboration on product-driven research and development.
- Step-by-step technology and skill transfer, including materials selection, functional material synthesis, fiber design and fabrication, material characterization and optimization, fiber characterization and system integration, device optimization, and failure analysis.
- High-tech consultation, including material, device, characterization, and system.