Discover, Connect & Collaborate at TECHINNOVATION 2021
A Smart and Cost-Effective System for Bacterial Colony Enumeration
Bacterial enumeration via plate count is a well-accepted method used by the various industries, hospitals, regulatory bodies and research institutes. However, manual counting of bacterial colonies is laborious and error-prone. The existing bacterial colony enumeration systems in the market are mostly bulky and expensive.
This project aims to provide a smart and cost-effective alternative for users to improve their productivities in bacterial colonies counting. The system built from this project can be used to assist microbiology quality control in food and beverage industry, pharmaceutical industry, water treatment industry, commercial testing laboratories, and research institutes.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
- A colony image database of more than 2,000 images with labelled information.
- An image analysis software to incorporate the database and automate the colony counting process with additional data analysis and artificial intelligence.
This technology can be applied for microbial quality control and assurance in
- food and beverage industry,
- pharmaceutical industry,
- water treatment industry,
- commercial testing laboratories,
- research institutes
This technology would improve
- time-spent and
of colonies counting during bacterial colony enumeration.