Discover, Connect & Collaborate at TECHINNOVATION 2021
Intelligent IoT Vertical Farming for Sustainable Singapore
The Intelligent IoT Vertical Farming system is 4-tiered and designed to be mobile, for either indoor or outdoor farming. It uses a hydroponic system that grows plants by enhancing the photosynthetic process. Since the system does not use soil, it is cleaner and more hygienic. FDA-approved and organic mineral nutrients are used for the hydroponic growing.
Compared to traditional agriculture, the vertical farming implementation saves more than 90 percent land area needed, while harvesting 80 percent more per unit area. Furthermore, with the water recycling design, the system achieves a reduction of 70 to 85 percent water usage. The set-up therefore, promotes the “Go Green” initiative and contributes towards Singapore’s effort to reduce our carbon footprint. In summary, we achieved:
> 90% land savings with > 80% physical spaces unlocked;
70-85% water savings; and reduced wastages of fertilizers and nutrients.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
The main features are:
- The system automatically monitors temperature, humidity, CO2 level in the environment and maintains optimal conditions for the growth of vegetables.
- The system reduces maintenance costs by automatically controlling lighting and watering, and reducing water usage by recycling.
- The system incorporates a mobile-enabled dashboard that enables owners to monitor the growth of their crops and receive alerts when anomalies occur.
- Working closely with our partner to bring affordable and IoT - enabled vertical farming solution to consumers (HDB, Private Estate owners) and urban farming industries
- CET / Short course - Urban Farming for General Public (Launched Nov 2020)
Market Trends and Opportunities:
System is suitable for:
- Urban Farming Industry companies
- HDB Owners
- Private Estate Owners
Resizable to satisfy the requirements of consumers
- Portable and compact size system
- Bespoke large sized system
Cost will vary based on system size
- IoT-Enabled automated system
- Environment control
- Monitor & Alert system
- Cleaner environment (No pests)
- Increase yield of crops
- Less land/space required
- Less water, fertilizers & nutrients required
- Crops grown are organic