Discover, Connect & Collaborate at TECHINNOVATION 2021
Antimicrobial Surface Protection Film
Growing concerns about the spread of bacterial and viral infections has led to the demand for film products that can minimize the impact and growth of bacteria and viruses. Antimicrobial films offer a convenient solution to address food security issues as well as to provide a protective layer for clean and safe-touch surfaces.
The technology is an antimicrobial, polyethylene-based film that can inhibit growth against a wide variety of bacteria, fungi and viruses. It is proven to proven to extend the shelf-life of fresh produce, suppress wilting and discoloration of fruits and vegetables. Primarily developed as a packaging material for the food industry, the company is interested to seek collaborations in other applications such as for high-touch surfaces in public settings as well as in healthcare environments, digital displays, etc.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
Some features of the technology include
- High efficacy of antimicrobial film against broad range of bacteria, fungi and viruses including Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella, Penicillium funiculosum, Norovirus, etc.
- Proprietary formulation using antimicrobial ingredients that are stable to melt moulding of film
- Demonstrated long lasting antimicrobial properties effective for ≥ 2 years
- Customizable film thickness for tuneable barrier properties
- High transparency
- Stable film formulation with no leaching effects
- FDA-approved and meets GB standards
Potential applications include, but not limited to the following :
- Food packaging
- Surface protective film for
- High-touch surfaces,
- Hospital and clinic settings, and
- Digital touch screen display
- Proven antimicrobial efficacy against broad spectrum of microbes including both bacteria and viruses
- Highly durable protective surface