Discover, Connect & Collaborate at TECHINNOVATION 2021
Controlled Environment Farming
The controlled environment agriculture industry is in a transition phase. In order to achieve additional growth, it needs to tackle environmental challenges, develop new farming concepts, and consistently integrate automation and digitalization into their value chain.
This technology provider has established a Center of Competence for the controlled environment agriculture industry where their in-house experts are working on supporting companies to realize their digital transformation.
This technology provider runs a test lab in Munich where sowing, watering, fertilizing, and harvesting radishes, lettuce, and other vegetables can be done automatically – by a gardening robot. Using simulation models – a Digital Twin of the indoor garden – calculations are performed to determine what the robot has to do to ensure each plant gets exactly the right quantity of nutrients and water it needs for ideal growth.
With the robot’s high precision, less water is consumed. The ability to constantly gather data with IoT operating system, it’s possible to provide much higher transparency to consumers about the properties of the food they eat.
Looking for: Companies of any size who like to start their digitalization process at any point of their value chain can explore with this technology provider.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
This technology platform has these features and advantages, attributed by the company’s extensive experience and portfolio :
- Electrification :
- Reliable power supply
- Drive solutions.
- Individual controls for stand-alone growth cabinets
- Fully integrated process control systems for large indoor farms
- Smart farming: precise, flexible, and efficient automation for growth and harvesting concepts.
- Meeting industrial requirements
- Energy Management,
- Edge Computing,
- Blockchain Traceability,
- Performance / Growth Management
- Artificial Intelligence
This technology is suitable for companies of any size, and is applicable at any point of their value chain :
- Vertical Farms
- Indoor Farms
- Farm logistics
- Avoid manual work by automation with future-proof automation technology
- Standard components ensure open connectivity and long-term availability
- Technical experts for project support and consulting direct in Singapore
- Improved and consistent quality with performance monitoring
- Artificial Intelligence to influence growth behavior
- Energy Savings