Discover, Connect & Collaborate at TECHINNOVATION 2021
EYAS (EYE-EAR-ATTENTION SYSTEM)
The company has developed the world’s first attention recovery training system, incorporating visual tracking and sound interlocking technology for people with attention or cognitive impairment, or those at risk for cognitive decline. Our technology can also be effective on critically ill patients who cannot use their body (hands, feet, etc.).
While other conventional attention training products use just a keyboard or touchpad, our technology provides maximized training effects not only for general patients but also for critically ill patients by using an eye tracker(visual) and a speaker(hearing).
The target users for our technology are patients with cognitive disorders with reduced attention, patients with high risk of cognitive decline, children with ADHD and anyone looking to increase their concentration.
We are seeking companies to license this product or co-develop this product for other applications.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
Our technology is a digital therapeutics product where it includes an advanced software as a medical device that provides evidence-based therapeutic interventions to prevent, manage, and treat diseases or disorders. It can be used independently or combined with other drugs and machines for treatment.
The innovative aspect of the technology includes:
- Audio-visual linked content, eye tracking linkage, 3D sound linkage
- Training tools are provided
- Remote monitoring of children's training results from a DB built by experts
- Post training results as an app
- Automatic execution of training based on expert feedback
A small-scale clinical trial has been done on 7 patients where 3 standard tests were performed before and after training to examine the changes in cognitive abilities. The following improvements were observed:
- Korean-style Simplified Mental State Test (MMSE-K) – increased 6%
- Computational Neurocognitive Function Test (CNT) – increased 21%
- Perceptual Test during Exercise (MVPT) – increased 30%
- The main application of this technology is IT-based medical care and smart healthcare. It is possible to develop educational contents for children through use in schools or public institutions related to education.
- This technology has been developed by combining not only general pc and tablet pc but also VR.
- Globally, the smart healthcare industry has entered a market growth phase with smart phones and IoT-based wearable devices, and various types of smart healthcare products and services that combine biotechnology and information and communication technology are being launched. The size of the global smart healthcare market, which stood at USD 21 billion in 2014, is expected to grow by about 4.8 times to USD 101.5 billion in 2020.
The healthcare digital market size is expected to grow rapidly at an average annual rate of 20% from USD 1.74 billion in 2016, and the market size is expected to increase by about 5 times in 2025. In addition, as healthcare-related institutions are integrated and patient-centered care is actively promoted, the demand for digital therapeutics is also expected to increase.
Compared to the existing 1:1 program, our technology enables one therapist to control multiple PCs, empowering them to train multiple patients at the same time. Therefore, by providing the effect of 1:N treatment through the cognitive rehabilitation system, it is possible to resolve regional disparities through standardization and reducing labor costs in hospitals and reducing social costs.
- Improving the performance of cognitive rehabilitation programs
- Resolving the gap in benefits for cognitive rehabilitation treatment