Discover, Connect & Collaborate at TECHINNOVATION 2021
Cost effective Water Flow Monitoring System
This technology offer presents an Internet of Things (IoT) real-time system that monitors the water consumption of building/factory facilities to supplement its Building Management Systems (BMS) in commercial, office or industrial sector. Some of the common problems faced by the building facilities management are;
When there is water leakage in manufacturing line, commercial buildings or construction site, it is unlikely be detected by the building management in real-time, resulting in huge waste of water and operation cost. Even when water leakage is detected, the staff may not able to shut off valve immediately.
The solution offers an unique system which can detect even small water leakage in the pipelines. Once any leakage is detected, the water supply can be shut off water supply immediately using solenoid valve in the system. Consequently, the IoT water flow monitoring system will significantly reduce waste of water and increase the productivity of the team.
Further the system can visualized the collated data set and send SMS alert for immediate action when the event like water leakage happened. The real-time monitoring via dashboard will be available for 24/7.
The system is fully customizable and configurable based on user’s requirements.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
The features of this technology are:
- Long –Range (>500m) wireless-connected with multiple water sensors (LoRa).
- Digitise low cost and accurate existing/new mechanical meters
- Consist of solenoid valves to shut off the water flow in the event of leakage.
- IoT gateway with analytics software in remote monitoring devices such as mobile phones or computers.
- Real-time insights into the consumption level, enabling quick reaction time.
- Data analytics abilities giving various views into longer-term usage patterns and habits, enabling smarter resource planning.
- Immediate emergency alerts like leakages and exceeds usage threshold.(Capable of sending out SMS alerts to users)
A complementary system to existing BMS, therefore lowering capital investment while allowing full ROI for existing BMS
- Cost-effective conversion of the legacy mechanical water flow system to IoT water flow monitoring system.
- Long-range wireless connection save on cabling and installation costs.
- Real-time monitoring of water consumption, leakages, and others.
- Able to pinpoint and isolate water leaking parts and send out SMS alerts promptly for action to shut off using a solenoid valve.
- Data visualization and in-depth analytics.
This technology has several use-cases:
- Factories and Manufacturing Facilities: Ideal for wastewater management, water-flow and additional IoT sensors may be added to track that the output remains within regulations, or recycled inputs are within specifications.
- Public Institutions: Complements and reinforces water conservation efforts Private Commercial Facilities- provides surveillance for a long-term redesign of water-distribution throughout a facility for cost effectiveness.
- Cost-effective conversion to IoT water flow monitoring system
- Plug & Play easy to install/setup system
- The sensor nodes can be customised upon user’s requirement.
- Real-time monitoring and data collation for in-depth analysis
- Expandable functionality and configurable to requirements.
Further Technical Information
We supplied demo set to one SME and expecting to scale up. All kind of collaboration for co-development, know-how licensing are available.