Discover, Connect & Collaborate at TECHINNOVATION 2021
Digitalised Facility Management using Occupancy Sensors
This technology offer is an Occupancy Sensors System (OCSS), formed by a set of non-invasive infrared sensors that is capable to tracking the presence of people in a room.
Connected to a gateway through long range wireless signals, the occupancy sensors send data to the gateway where they are stored and enable building managers to monitor the usage of different rooms in a building or facility. The stored data can be translated into a more accurate view of the frequency and duration of room usage for charging and management planning.
Such data in turn can be used for analysis; by extrapolating the frequency and duration data against energy pricing rates and times of the year, OCSS enables the building manager to optimise facility usage, and to create a better rental price model, thereby more efficiently reach the facility management goals. This leads to greater efficiency and creates a more sustainable operation model and aligns with Singapore’s Green Building objectives.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
The features of this technology are:
- The OCSS elevates an off-the-shelf commodity PIR sensor for lighting into a smart tracking device so that more it is not just an automated switching system; room usage patterns can now be tracked.
- Unlike most smart home/facilities, where additional neutral cables are required for installation, OCSS is a wireless system and may be simply installed on a conventional “live-ground” circuit.
- Uses wireless LoRa protocol, a long-range low energy wireless protocol that allows most modern buildings to be connected with very few gateways for a system of many sensors. This gives the system greater cost efficiency.
- Enables occupancy tracking through plug and play wireless sensor nodes.
- Ease of installation without major cabling as far as 1 km.
- In-depth productivity analysis with area of focus.
- Low cost of digitalisation and operations.
- Commercial buildings, Hotels for better utilisation of facilities and for the in-depth analytics for traffic flow timing & venue.
- Educational institution such as university, schools to monitor the residing time of the staff or students in certain area.
- HDB, Condominium void deck, common facilities area for surveillance.
- Any other general facilities areas
- Cost effective management of facility with labour cost reduction
- Better utilisation of facilities through in- depth analysis, i.e., traffic flow, occupancy time, etc
- Full wireless solution with no complicated wiring & cabling work in the premises
- Flexible and configurable for different scenarios and/or circumstances.
- Highly flexible and configurable to customer requirement.
- The opportunity for licensing or co-development to integrate into legacy building management system (BMS) is available.