Discover, Connect & Collaborate at TECHINNOVATION 2021
Overall Equipment Effective Index for Legacy Equipment to Improve Productivity
Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) is the benchmark for gauging manufacturing productivity. The 3 factors of OOE are availability, performance, and quality. To achieve an exceptional OOE means that you are manufacturing 100% availability (no stop time), 100% performance (as fast as possible) and 100% quality (only good parts).
By measuring OEE, underlying losses can be closely examined. Subsequently, important insights could be taken note of, and systematically improve the manufacturing processes. Legacy equipment does not collect such data for productivity analysis. The proposed solution taps on the necessary signals from the tower lights, as well as the sensors to capture the necessary data to compute the OEE. A wireless plug and play sensor nodes are link to the tower lights and sensors to capture the necessary data to the centralised data. Scheduled maintenance and manufacturing time are input into the system to compute OEE. This will enable OEE to be captured for systematic analysis to improve productivity.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
The solution enables OEE data collation through a plug and play wireless sensor module through the equipment’s tower light or sensors. The data are wireless collated remotely as far as 500m away from the factory floor for visualisation or display. Scheduled maintenance and manufacturing time are input into the system to compute OEE. The system displays the data in quality, performance, and availability for productivity analysis. This enables the area of focus to enhance productivity.
- Enables OEE collation through a plug and plan wireless sensor nodes.
- Ease of installation without major cabling as far as 1 km.
- Enables digitalisation for OEE in quality, performance, and availability.
- Productivity analysis with area of focus.
- Low cost of digitalisation and operations.
The system is designed for legacy manufacturing equipment to collate data for OEE computation. The data are displayed in quality, performance, and availability for productivity analysis. This will the best practice of OEE to apply beyond manufacturing sector for productivity analysis. This digitalisation technology can also be used for the following applications:
- Digitalisation of equipment with data collected for any types of analysis.
- Reliability chamber for monitoring and alert.
- Digitalisation of all types of sensors for monitoring and analysis.
- Legacy equipment for monitoring and analysis.
- Low-cost digitalisation system to ease OEE computation.
- Collation of OEE index for productivity analysis.
- Remote monitoring, alert, and operations.
- Better management of operations.