Discover, Connect & Collaborate at TECHINNOVATION 2021
EMI Shield Sputtering System for Semiconductor IC
With know-how in ion beam surface treatment, sputtering and plating process development, nano-sputtering technology as well as equipment manufacturing, the company has developed an EMI shield sputtering technology that can solve major problems in EMI shielding on semiconductor IC packages such as deposition film peeling-off or burr on the package corner parts in pick and place process.
This EMI shield sputtering system is compact, cost-effective and provides high sputtering step coverage rate, offering high quality EMI shielding. The company is interested to collaborate with EMI shielding service providers via commercial agreements with technical assistance.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
Features of this EMI shield sputtering system include:
- Single chamber rotation sputtering system
- Angle of 5-30° is generated during deposition with two-way rotation of carrier, which is advantageous for package side
- Deposition thickness on the top and the side is relatively uniform
- Less falling of corner deposition or less adhesion of deposition film
- Short cleaning time and target replacement time with one chamber
The primary application area for this EMI shield sputtering system is the semiconductor package, especially for LGA (Land Grid Array) and BGA (Ball Grid Array) products.
According to the market research, the global EMI shielding market size is projected to grow from USD 6.8 Billion in 2020 to USD 9.2 Billion by 2025 (CAGR: 6.3%).
- Higher sputtering step coverage rate (45-60%) as compared to competitors (35-40%)
- Excellent adhesion by ion beam pre-treatment
- More cost effective at 30% lower equipment price than competitor’s
- Compact equipment size for better space utilisation