Discover, Connect & Collaborate at TECHINNOVATION 2021
Purifying Indoor Air Pollution Without Electrical Power
The indoor environment threatens human health with a variety of harmful substances coming from carpets, furniture, pets, and even electronic devices, as well as from simple building materials. This is even more dangerous for children, elderly, and patients with relatively weak immune systems.
The technology owner is trying to solve the problem of indoor pollution in the greenest way through eco-friendly building materials that can perform several functions in a passive manner such as humidity control, purifying harmful substances, and removal of odor, offering pleasant air in the indoor space.
As customised products, they can be easily installed without other engineers and attach to all types of walls (wood, bricks, cement, etc.). The technology owner seeks to further improve the completeness of the product through technical exchange with IoT companies and paint or building material developers with complementary technologies.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
At the core of this technology is the micro-hole on the surface of the building materials. For this technology, a mixture of different active materials is used and the main ingredient is plaster. A 3D porous structured micro hole on the surface of the product adsorbs various VOCs or odours using anions from the plaster. The absorbed compounds also combine with the moisture of the product in order to be converted into harmless substances. Hazardous substances such as formaldehyde attached to the product react with UV light from fluorescent lights and incandescent lights and convert them into water or carbon dioxide.
The features of this technology are:
- Purification of harmful substances: By purifying toxic substances in the air, it solves the environment disease caused by air pollution
E.g. formaldehyde (accumulated adsorption after 7 days) - 7234 μg/m2 (Adsorption rate / after 7 days) - 78.6 %
- Indoor humidity control: Maintains proper indoor humidity to prevent condensation and provides a pleasant environment
Absorption - 76.16 g/2
Moisture resistance - 65.92 g/m2
Difference in humidity resistance at absorption rates – 10.24 g/m2
- Using a fiber dispersion technology to prevent the spread of debris
- Secured high safety of radioactive materials compared to the standards for radioactive
- materials management
- Works passively, no need for energy to perform their functions
- The core technology can be combined easily with other technologies e.g. combining with IoT and LED technology in order to manage indoor space more easily
Markets where this technology can be applied in are:
- Hone remodeling / Interior market
- Design and construction companies involved in green smart buildings
- Management of public facilities, such as hospitals, schools, nursing homes, etc.
- Builders or owners of luxury spas, hotels and villas
- Construction companies and related product distributors promoting environmental-conscious marketing
- New materials that can solve indoor environmental problems, companies and investors who are interested in joint development of new technologies
- Customer can install this product easily by using basic tools, easy to manage
- Permanently available (remains functional)
- Provide an additional function such as insect repellant and immune enhancement function
- Safe and non-toxic solution for a variety of occurring problems of chemical products
- Customised and DIY products
- Various colors and shapes to create a unique space
- Prevent diseases (atopy, asthma, skin disease) by cleaning indoor air functions