Mosa Meat B.V.
We’re Mosa Meat, a food technology company that’s helping everyone take a bite out of a better future – starting with the world’s kindest beef burger.
Our Technology Offers
Technology for Cultivating Meat
The company pioneers a cleaner, kinder way of making real beef. For the production of meat, a tiny muscle sample is taken from a cow to select the starting cells. These cells will go through several doubling steps (proliferation), and after enough cells have been produced, they go through a differentiation step, meaning that they become real muscle and fat tissue.
The technologies are developed by in-house scientists and engineers across the production process:
Cell Isolation :
- Methods and equipment for harvesting and selecting the ideal starting cells
Medium – Complete, food safe and animal-free media for nourishment :
- Cell growth
- Muscle Formation
- Fat (Adipose tissue) Formation
Biomaterials – Hydrogel based materials that support the cells :
- Carriers for Cell growth
- Gel for Muscle and fat formation
Production Equipment – The machine that replaces the cow :
- Harvesting Station – Separating cells from carriers after cell growth
- Muscle Tissue Cultivator – Forming and nourishing muscle tissue
- Fat Tissue Cultivator – Forming and nourishing adipose tissue
The company is in the process of building their production facility, but is also open to license their technologies.