Discover, Connect & Collaborate at TECHINNOVATION 2021
New Plastic Production Technology: Reduce At Least 20% Of Plastic Weight
Rim roll, the nice curled edge, is often desired as it improves consumer safety during handling and transporting. However, it is limited to only round containers due to the manufacturing capability of current packaging producers. Moreover, the limitation of round containers means less efficiency in product on shelf and pallet pack out.
This patented packaging innovation is now able to form this Rim Roll on non-round products and thus solves the problems faced with round packaging containers.
- Reducing plastic weight at least 20% and even more
- Suitable for all materials as PP, PET, PLA, PS and multilayer variations on this
- All cutting shapes are possible (no longer limited to round)
- Suitable for Thermoforming
- Can be closed with a lid
- Patented packaging innovation
This technology provider is looking for partners who are interested in licensing this IP and technology to manufacture their own packaging.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
Unlike other value engineering, this state of the art innovation IP lies in reducing significant weight (at least 20%) of plastic*.
*Reduction of plastic weight brought by this patented packaging innovation:
- At least 20% reduction from existing plastic non round packaging products.
- Up to 50% reduction is also possible if your existing packaging is shallow. The shallower the depth the higher the percentage.
Using this technology, the packaging development would bring several advantages such as:
- The nicely curled edge was till now only possible for round products in two steps, now in just one step including non-round products.
- Available for all kind of thermoformed products
- Changing round products into square products brings logistic advantages
- Cost advantage with at least 20% reduction in plastic production
Key application area will be in thermoforming.
This technology is suitable for all materials such as:
- Multilayer variation.
This is applicable for:
- Single use products (e.g. for food, drinks and non-food)
- Food Industry (e.g. for soft fruits packaging, secondary packaging for meals or meal components)
- Personal care industry (e.g. for or packaging of spreadable products)
The key benefits of using this technology :
- Save at least 20% less plastic
- Save costs of material
- Logistic advantages (square vs round)
- Versatility in using multiple materials and variations