Discover, Connect & Collaborate at TECHINNOVATION 2021
Digital Health Lab For Breakthrough Chronic Care Solutions
Advancements in sensor and AI technologies are enabling the ability to objectively and continuously monitor chronic patients’ wellbeing, symptoms and treatment response, and these digital solutions are providing physicians with unprecedented insights to effectively carry out early and ongoing intervention and personalized care.
However, the current digital health landscape is fragmented and operating in silos, and many patients have multiple chronic diseases and require more than one digital solution and device. This makes it challenging for physicians to navigate and adopt the different solutions.
This technology offer is a patient-centric platform that connects institutions and physicians to the patients’ home, integrating the currently siloed digital health solutions to offer multi-modal insight reports and streamlines the clinical adoption of multiple digital tools.
This allows for early participation in the patient journey, encourages patients to take ownership of their health, and shifts the chronic disease paradigm from a reactive to a proactive approach.
In addition, by joining the currently siloed digital biomarker landscape, unprecedented multi-modal data insight can be generated to power breakthrough clinical approach and innovation.
The technology development team is looking for testbedding collaborations in hospitals and clinics and collaborations for clinical or implementation studies to demonstrate the lab’s useability and its ability to provide better patient care. In addition, the team is looking for partnerships and collaborations with other digital health companies (DTx/DBMs), as well as pharmaceuticals and medical device companies.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
- Integrates multiple digital health and AI solutions into a single platform
- Unified API to access medical-grade/regulatory approved digital health solutions and biomarkers
- Data homogenization and harmonization of digital biomarker data from an array of wearable and point-of-care devices
- Enables physicians to access and prescribe single or multiple digital health solutions suitable for an individual patient
- Unified API to integrate with Electronic Patient Record (EPR) and Electronic Health Records (EHR) via service provider
- Connects physicians and patients through mobile and web applications
- Physician web portal consists of patient onboarding and management system and enables treatment plan updates
- Medication updates synchronized with medication reminder feature on patient mobile app
- Provides on-demand access to patient-centric insights regardless of how many solutions are used
- Hybrid microservices-based setup for advanced data protection guidelines implementation with deployment on premise/cloud
This technology currently offers clinically validated solutions for the Parkinson’s Disease vertical and enables physicians to apply three solutions to a single patient to address common comorbidities. The solutions monitor motor fluctuations and gait quality to enable effective treatment personalization and to assess cognitive impairment to detect dementia and Alzheimer's early.
- Smartwatch connected AI solution provides objective and continuous motor state monitoring, enabling personalization of treatment to minimize motor fluctuations
- VR headset to perform 15 min tests to evaluate mild cognitive impairment and detect dementia early
- Shoe sensors to monitor gait quality and predict risks of falling
Current indications include Parkinson’s Disease, Atypical Parkinson’s Syndromes, Multiple Sclerosis, Mild Cognitive Impairment, Dementia, and Alzheimer’s
The technology offer can be expanded to cover other disease areas including but not limited to Cardiometabolic diseases, Respiratory diseases, COPD, as well as Rehab and Physio.
This technology offer benefits multiple stakeholders including healthcare providers, physicians, patients, as well as corporate and research organizations:
- Physicians and patients
- Enable continuous management of patients at home
- Empower physicians with unprecedented insights to manage chronic diseases and improve patient outcomes
- Empower patients to take ownership of their own health and improve quality of life
- Alleviate burden on the healthcare system and healthcare costs