Discover, Connect & Collaborate at TECHINNOVATION 2021
Human far-UVC (ultraviolet C light) Disinfection Chamber
A human disinfection chamber employing far-ultraviolet C light (UV-C) has been designed to eliminate pathogenic microorganisms as well as the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2), a respiratory disease called coronavirus disease 19 (COVID-19). It is expected as one solution to prevent and slow down transmission during COVID-19 pandemic.
The disinfection chambers have an entry point, an exit point, an enclosed chamber where the disinfection occurs. In addition, several positioned UVC sources have been installed to expose the target inside the room, expecting the reduction of the pathogenic microorganisms and (SARS-CoV-2).
The dimension of the chamber has been designed to provide comfort, safety, and effectiveness. In addition, the exposure time has been calculated to minimize congestion. This chamber can be applied in the main entrance of the building as primary exit and entry human Screening Practices.
We are seeking research and development collaboration to develop the product for other application and companies who are interested to license this technology.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
The disinfection chamber uses far-UVC radiation which has wavelength 222 nm as scientifically proven for eliminating the SARS-CoV-2 and compliance safety requirement for human tissue. Without dealing with chemical agents as applied in the conventional disinfection chamber, it reduces potential health problem.
The number of far-UVC source has been calculated and measured to provide optimal exposure and its modular design is used to offer ease of operation and maintenance.
The specifications are as such:
- Dimension 1m x 1m x 2m
- Material wall : stainless steel
- Far-UVC source : 8 lamps
- Voltage : 200 – 240 V/50 Hz
- The potential application includes public as well as private building, public facilities such as airport, amusement park, zoo, museum, etc.
- The product has potential market in future. Besides the primary goal to support fight against the covid 19 pandemic, it can also be used for screening of other pathogenic microorganism in the future.
- Eliminate COVID19 and potentially many other virus effectively and efficiently.
- Simple to use, implement and maintained, can be implemented in many different places and settings.
- Safe for human.
- Is environmentally friendly due to non-chemical usage.
- This product pave the way to future research on far-UVC source.